Bib Necklace (use code: mirinagirls for 20% off) //
Today I wanted to share with you 5 quick and easy tips to dress up a basic look. As I had mentioned in some of my previous posts here and here, simple and chic is what I like the most and what I feel the most comfortable in. Give me all the comfy jeans and t-shirts in the world and I will be so happy. I think this has been exacerbated by motherhood. I have always loved this sort of style, but now comfort is all that matters in my attire. However, sometimes you need to dress it up a bit.
Now, I certainly wouldn’t wear this to work, church or to a fancy dinner, but if I am running around with my kids going to parks or play dates, then yes, this is what I prefer to wear. And let’s be honest, when I am not working, that’s pretty much what my day looks like anyway.
Here are my 5 tips for jazzing up that basic look and taking it up a notch or two. This would be perfect for happy hour, a fun girls trip, or a casual date night with your honey.
- A Top Knot – I have been loving the top knot trend as of late. I will wear it half up or all the way up for a more put together look. I also feel like this instantly gives you that, I sort of spent time on my hair this morning…haha. This works great on both long and short hair.
- Red Lips – Adding a bright color to your lips will easily and quickly take your look from casual to dressy without spending any time at all.
- High Heels – I love to wear heels from time to time. I typically don’t gravitate towards them anymore, mainly for the reason of having two active little boys, but I do still love them on occasions.
- A Chunky Necklace – A red lip and a chunky necklace are the two biggest things that can quickly dress up any look in a matter of seconds – in my opinion. So easy! I usually wear a dainty gold necklace, but I love a nice big chunky piece of jewelry once in a while =)
- Cardigan / Jacket – I love how a cardigan can really change a look. I own so many different types. The gray one featured is a much thicker and heavier material perfect for a chilly day. The black one is much lighter and goes with everything, both are great options. A nice leather jacket would also be perfect for this look. I am really loving this one and this one. You could even throw it on over a cardigan.
These super quick and easy changes can take your outfit from day to night in just a few minutes flat. What are some ways that you love to dress up your look? I am always looking for more tips and tricks.
*Big thanks to Romwe and Pink Lily Boutique for gifting me these lovely cardigans.