Today I am doing another installment of Five Things Friday, where I am sharing five products that I’m loving and five things that have been on my mind this week.
5 things I’m loving…
1. Unite 7 Seconds Condition Leave-In Detangler
I have really fine hair and it tends to tangle easily when wet. This stuff has been awesome. It detangles really quickly, smells great, is a thermal protector and a UV protector all in one. It’s typically on the pricier side, but I found it on sale on Amazon. It’s totally worth it if you have very tangly hair.
2. Cutout swimsuits
I have ordered several different styles a few months ago for our Cabo trip. I got this one from Target and ordered this one and this one from CupShe. Cutout swimsuits have been a fun new alternative to one piece and even two piece swimsuits.
3. Larsson Jennings watch
I have had my eye on this watch for a while now. I have seen this brand circulating the internet lately and think that they would make a nice little addition to my collection.
4. NYX Butter Gloss
I have tried many different types of lip glosses, but this one has been one of my favorites lately. They are smooth and buttery, not at all sticky. They smell really good too! My favorite one is Creme Brulee.
5. Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
Do you hate seeing eye shadow creases on your eye lids by the end of the day? Of course you do, am I right, or am I right? Ok, so this stuff has been the best. I have tried Primer Potion, the one most people rave about, but I found that it still creased my eyes shadow by the end of the day. I do have oily lids so that could be the problem. Anyway, this stuff is awesome and I will probably never use anything else. Sorry, that was a little dramatic.
5 things on my mind…
- I am going to Zac Brown Band concert tonight!!! I am super excited because I love these guys. I also have a wedding for a dear friend on Saturday, so this weekend is already off to a great start.
- The ridiculous amount of laundry that is quickly piling up in our room because we are sharing a small closet at my mom’s house. I am not even going to mention all the toys that are cluttering our small living space. Looks like I won’t be getting around to doing laundry this weekend…weekend 1, laundry 0. Our house can’t be built fast enough. Check out this post and this post on more about our house building process.
- How can I incorporate this into my wardrobe? Another trend that I have been seeing a lot lately are really wide pant leg pants and wide leg pant suits. I am really digging this style, but not really sure where I would wear them. Although, they do look comfortable enough to wear while sitting on the couch drinking a glass of wine.
- Cropped kick-flare frayed jeans are the latest celebrity obsession. I’m not sure how I feel about this look…I have a lot of mixed feelings. It appears as though someone took a pair of bell-bottoms and cut them above their ankles. The brand, Mother was the first to introduce this style and is currently sold out everywhere. Notice that the cut at the bottom is different and very much asymmetrical. Lots of brands have jumped on this bandwagon and are too offering this style. Anyway, the verdict is still out there for me.
- Leather chokers is another trend I’m seeing a lot. Basically, you take a very long leather string, wrap it around your neck a few times (don’t choke yourself) and let the remaining pieces hang long, keeping one string longer than the other. There are lots of different variations to this look, some have tassels, metal designs, charms, etc. on the ends of the leather string. Maybe I’ll head down to my local craft store and just make one for the fraction of the cost. Done and done.
What are your thoughts about some of these styles?
Have a great weekend and stay safe!