Fall is in the air and it feels so good. Football is about to start and even though I am not a huge football person, I do love me some Huskers, tailgates, pumpkin patches, over the knee boots, cozy knits, oh and snuggling on the couch with our fireplace on. I thought today I would do something a little bit different and share with you The Perfect Fall Look + 5 Things Friday.
Let’s start off with this fall look. One style that I am really loving, especially for work or for dressier occasions are wide leg ankle trousers. The extra loose fabric is a nice change from all the skinny jeans and pants we have been seeing all over the internet. The black cami with beautiful button detail that goes all the way down the front is another beautiful piece that would look great layered underneath a cozy knit blazer. Pair these wide leg trousers with beautiful strappy heels to dress up the look or some booties for those colder fall days. Throw on a nice leather backpack over your shoulder, put on some round metal Ray Bans and you are ready to go.
So I used to do a little 5 Things Friday piece on the blog before where I rambled about random stuff. I thought maybe I should do that again, so here we go…
5 Things Friday
1. I am now back to work and have been busier than ever. My oldest started kindergarten this year and my youngest started pre-school. This is absolutely crazy to me. The little changes that I have seen in Wyatt, my little kindergartner are unbelievable. The other day I caught him talking to his brother and he was helping him pick up his toys…He would say, “Ok, now, where do you think these toys need to go?” “You are right, good job!” They are seriously the bestest friends and I can’t get enough of watching them together.
2. We built our house over a year ago and we didn’t finish our basement. We totally regret that. However, we are now finishing it and we are going about it in a non-traditional way. It has been fun designing and adding a lot of our special and unique touches to it. Had we finished it from the beginning we probably would have gone with a fairly standard design. Soooo, in a way this was the way to go for us.
3. I cannot wait to share with you guys our basement reveal. If you have been following me on Instagram Stories, you have seen the little updates that I have been sharing. Be sure to check back for more. We are hoping to be done in about a week or so.
4. I recently did a mini review on Instagram on the Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme face cream and Advanced Night Repair Serum…let me tell you, this stuff is so good. I have been using it for about a month and it has left my skin feeling smoother and firmer. I definitely recommend it.
5. I have been trying to post more on Pinterest and grow my boards. I have been pinning lots of great finds, looks, trends, you name it. Check it out and follow along =)
Cheers to the weekend! What are everyone’s plans?
Linking up with these fabulous blogs here